Thursday, November 13, 2014

Are you happy with your photographs?

There are rules in photography that you must know and you do know. Use the rule of thirds, balance the exposure, use a steady tripod, use an appropriate ISO setting… But sometimes you understand that when you rigidly apply all the rules you are not happy with your images, because your photos look formulaic. (To tell the truth, I’m never 100% happy with my output). Try to be creative.

Please look at the photo below. I must confess breaking the rule (I didn’t balance the exposure). But I don’t want to do any post-processing. Why?

When I saw the result I remembered the words from the Charles Bukowski’s poem:
“…there’s a bluebird in my heart that
wants to get out
but I’m too clever, I only let him out
at night sometimes
when everybody’s asleep.
I say, I know that you’re there,
so don’t be
sad”.
















I think this creature on the photo looks like the bluebird…
I was really happy when I received the comment: “I’m totally captive by this photography”.




So learn the rules but don’t be afraid to break them… 





No comments:

Post a Comment